Friday, March 11, 2016

Week Six - Daily Habits

Ocean view
Since I have been here I have made some changes when it comes to my daily routines.  One of the biggest changes is being more disconnected.  When I say this it is being disconnected from all of my electronics that I would normally be using normally when I am home.  Since I have been here it seems like all of the batteries that are in my electronics seem to have a longer life span between charges.  I have also been walking more and spent more of my time outdoors exploring and site seeing.  This is different for me because I am constantly stuck indoors working on homework and projects for school.  Another thing that has been quite refreshing is that nobody really seems to be in a rush for anything.  This is a nice change of pace from being home where it constantly seems like every one I see is rushing to finish their tasks by a certain deadline.  This allows more time for reflection and some introspection my future goals and where I want to be in the near future.


Homemade Spaghetti
Even though it seems like I have a lot of free time, I still have homework assignments that are required to be completed.  This helps me feel less homesick because it is something that I enjoy doing and reminds me of home.  Another thing that is nice and reminds me of home is all of the cooking that we do within our cabin.  The home cooked meals allow a sense of home to still be here, even though I do not get to enjoy meals prepared by my family at home.  Another thing that our cabin does to ward off the feelings of homesickness are to play lots of card games.  We play games like rummy, pitch, and even cribbage.  While playing card games help ward off some homesickness it does not fend off it all.  It is nice that everyone here is so open and willing to talk.  Since everyone here seems to have became friends in such a short time,  it feels like the connections that have been made here have lasted much longer than the few short weeks since we have all got here.


Chicken Potatoes and Rice
More Travel Experiences to Come

Kyle Halsted
Ireland Study Abroad

Kitchen
Living room




Dining room
River by Spiddal

No comments:

Post a Comment