Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Final Blog - Service Project

I was fortunate enough to have made many different connections with a lot of different people.  One of these connections was with JP, who works at Park Lodge.  I began to learn more about who JP was and what he liked to do through helping him with various tasks around the Hotel.  We would take about traveling, like which places were good and which places to never go to at all.  We had many laughs with JP, while helping him.  JP would ask his fair bit of questions, like what did we think of our last trip or where we were planning on spending our spring break and what we like about Ireland compared to the United States.  Through our various responses, we laughed and joked about why one was better than the other and then went about with another round of questions.  It was really nice getting to know JP and what he thinks about the world of politics, schooling, and generally who he is as a family man.  This trip would not have been the same, for me, if it wasn't seeing JP walking around working on something, and stopping and having a quick chat or him making a witty joke about what someone was doing or had said.  I feel that it was with this connection that a better understanding of traveling and what makes Ireland unique, that I was able to achieve.  Sorry about not having pictures for this blog as I was usually to busy working or just forgot to snap a couple of pictures ahead of time.  Since this is my last blog I will being arriving home this weekend so if you have any questions or are interested in hearing about my adventures please get a hold of me.

No more Travel Experiences to Come

Kyle Halsted


No comments:

Post a Comment