Wednesday, February 3, 2016

First International Travel Experience

This is my first time traveling outside of the United States of America.  I have done some domestic flying while living in the US and it was not terrible, but was scary the very first time.  This time was no different.  From booking all the information and arriving to the airport on time, it gets pretty stressful.  After boarding the plane from Omaha
Meal from Plane ride
to Newark, was when it finally hit me that I was starting my first trip abroad but it had not fully sunk in, that I was traveling to another country.  This plane ride seemed fairly short compared to the international flight.  While on the international flight I watched a few movies and had a decent supper while in flight.  It was not until I finally landed in Shannon, Ireland that it hit me, that I am currently in a different country.  The first day here was rough, due to having jet lag and trying to get acclimated to the new surroundings.  The second day I got to learn some Irish words and then went to the local pubs in Spiddal.  It was a new experience having my first alcoholic beverage.  My very first drink was an authentic Irish Guinness.  The initial experience of this shocked me at first but as I continued it did not seem as bad.  I will say that drinking is a very different and unique experience.  I have also been on a walking tour of both Spiddal and Galway.  I hope to learn more about these cities and all of the cities while I am here and in a later blog, I will hopefully share all of the new information that I come across about the cities while here in Ireland.  I am also excited and very anxious for the cheap trips during my spring break and will eventual have tons of pictures to share from these experiences.
First Drink





More Travel Experiences to Come,

Kyle Halsted
Ireland Study Abroad

No comments:

Post a Comment